Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why do I suck at blogging?



So I totally forgot about this until now, when good ol' Jay gave me the Honest Scrap Award. Of course, the irony is that I'm supposed to be revealing my carefully crafted lies referenced in my last blog post.

So let's start with that.

1. I've actually had several names. Rachel, which I go by now, isn't my real birth name. Nope, that's what I was born with, although I did have a few name crises in high school. 
2. Although I'm Korean-American, I can't stand Korean food because it's too spicy for me. Bleck. Another lie. I am absolutely obsessed with Korean food, and I LOVE spicy dishes.
3. My shoe size is 8.5. Sorry, Jay -- I'm not big foot! Actually, my shoe size is 7.
4. Out of all the household chores to do  (laundry, doing dishes, vacuuming), my least favorite is doing dishes. I actually don't mind doing dishes all the much. I hate picking things up, though. Once I've scattered everything around, I like it to stay there.
5. To date, I've claimed fourteen books as my own from various public libraries. Ding ding ding! Usually what happens is that I lose the book, end up paying for the book (and for the library fees), and find it three months later under the bed. A few titles that I've claimed from this method include Ender's Game, Into Thin Air, and The Belgariad: Pawn of Prophecy.
6. I hate Girl Scout cookies. They're overpriced and don't taste all that good, in any case. Anyone who follows me on Twitter knows that I'm obsessed with them. Um, yeah. I think I've gained ten pounds over the last few days ...
7. I have to have everything neatly organized (a bit anal retentive).  Going back to number 4 -- I'm a messy, disheveled person! I'm constantly forgetting to do things (like  update this blog). If I forget something that I'm supposed to do for you, just send me a gentle nudge. I won't grudge it at all.




Okay, so now it's time for me to reveal several truths about myself. Um, let's see. What else beyond the stuff stated above?


1. This semester, I'm taking six classes: a literature seminar on American culture, American Poetry, Korean 102, Spanish Composition, Computer Science,  and Basso Continuo Playing (Baroque harpsichord and organ.)
2. I don't really watch T.V. Major exception: the Olympics.
3. Like Jay, I really, really, really want to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. For those that know me in real life, I'm a little bit obsessed. I can slip in Harry Potter references, any time, any day. I also can complete the Harry Potter games on Sporcle at amazing speed.
4. Oh, and aforementioned Sporcle is how I waste a good amount of time. Bubble Spinner is another time-consumer.
5. I read The New York Times Book Review religiously. 
6. I still haven't declared a major, although most likely it'll end up being English.
7. I have a twelve-year-old dog named Smokey. He is a miniature poodle, and he is precious and smells bad. I am in love with him.


Smokey.

Currently Reading (it's spring break!):

The Mists of Avalon The Wild Things (Vintage)  The Girl Who Played with Fire (Vintage)

The Mists of Avalon in appreciation of my long-standing love affair with Marion Zimmer Bradley; The Girl Who Played with Fire in preparation for The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and The Wild Things because Vintage/Random House sent it to me.

Currently Listening to:
A Good Day

Currently Procrastinating on:

* Completing my American Studies application,
* My Spanish presentation, and
* Practicing piano.

Oh, how I love procrastinating.

6 comments:

  1. true life.
    your blog has come such a long way in such a short time! keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mist's of Avalon. I read that a long, long time ago. I was once obsessed with anything that had to do King Arthur and the Knights. This book was different, but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I'm not the only Potter-savant around here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous -- thank you so much! :-)

    Richard -- I went through a King Arthur phase, too. Still love that stuff.

    Jay -- I'm still in my Harry Potter phase. LOL.

    Thanks for commenting, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Korean food is the best! I love bulgogi and kimchee, wrapped up in a piece of lettuce with rice and hot pepper paste. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah! I'm so impressed that you know all that, Annie! I actually think I'm having bulgogi for dinner today, yummm.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete