Sunday, February 28, 2010

A blog award?







Wow! Thank you Cheree for my first Blog Award. Heck, I didn't even know these things existed! Anyway, since I'm always scrambling for blog topics, this made my post very easy. 


The Rules:
1. Thank the person who tagged me. (Thanks Cheree!)
2. Copy and Paste the award on my blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated me.
4. Tell up to 
6 lies and 1 truth about myself.
5. Tag at least 7 people for this award.
6. Post links to their blogs.
7. Comment on each of their blogs to inform them of the nomination.

Here are the lies (Just remember one of them is the truth):
1. I've actually had several names. Rachel, which I go by now, isn't my real birth name.

2. Although I'm Korean-American, I can't stand Korean food because it's too spicy for me. Bleck.
3. My shoe size is 8.5.
4. Out of all the household chores to do  (laundry, doing dishes, vacuuming), my least favorite is doing dishes. 
5. To date, I've claimed fourteen books as my own from various public libraries.
6. I hate Girl Scout cookies. They're overpriced and don't taste all that good, in any case.
7. I have to have everything neatly organized (a bit anal retentive). 


Um, so I don't really have anyone else to pass this onto that hasn't already gotten the award. So sorry for the double-nominations, folks!


1. Kurt
2. Annie
3.  Jay
4. Vicky
5. Tamara
6. Ashy
7. Mireyah


That's all for now! I've been feeling a little Looney, especially since I've been watching Looney Tunes for an  awesome American culture class that I'm taking.


Currently Reading:


Blacklands


Currently Listening to:



Currently Procrastinating on:


* A paper for said American Culture class,
* Writing an article for the school newspaper, and
* Working on promoting The Ante Review.



9 comments:

  1. I love it when I just casually read someone's blog and I find my name mentioned in it. LOL Thanks, Rachel!

    I think... the truth is #1, although I can't be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, could be wrong, could be right!

    Um, I'm not 100% sure how I'm supposed to reveal what's true, so I'll just wait around, twiddling my thumbs, until I figure out.

    Thanks, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Rachel. I can't wait to see what else you blog about.

    P.S. I think the truth is #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to figure out what I'm going to blog about, too. LOL!

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thank you so much, Rachel :) You're a sweety!

    I know number 6 is a lie, I saw you post something somewhere last week that you wanted a Girl Scout cookie...lol...

    Mmmm, I think you have ridiculously big feet haha!! (No offence!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Rachel! *sniff*

    Let's see. size 8.5 feet? My ten-year-old daughter has the same size! Or is that a 9 or 9.5? I think it's at least a 9. Either way, they're getting close to flippers. Yours are clearly dainty by comparison.

    I bet #4 is the truth, because I can't believe you've wandered into that many libraries, never to return all those books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I didn't know your name is Rachel!

    Thanks for the award and letting me know you're out here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys for all the guesses! I really like reading what everyone thinks of me (especially since most of us haven't met in person.) Um, not really sure how I'm supposed to reveal what's true, so I guess that'll end up being blog post #4. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And now Miss Rachel :-) I have nominated YOU for an award. Come by and pick it up! http://jayeckert.blogspot.com/2010/03/honest-scrap-award-redux.html

    ReplyDelete